Organization "legacy_openstates" identifiers?

So, would it be possible to get the “legacy_openstates” identifier for committees? It would help considerably for upgrading from the v1 API to the v2 API.

Hmm, I don’t know if we’ll be able to do this.

Truthfully, org. identifiers were not really stabilized in the old system. (e.g. we had tons of duplicates and never quite solved the issue of how to handle turnover) . Since at least 2015 we hadn’t merged committees so the names were just as strong of an identifier as the ID- I’m curious if that’d work for your purposes.

I was thinking about using committee names to determine continuity.

On a related notes, I observe:

1. Subcommittees’ Parents are not adequately identified. E.g., in California, the Senate Budget and Fiscal Review committee has Budget and Fiscal Review: Corrections, Public Safety and the Judiciary as a subcommittee, but the v2 API does not produce the correct parent node for that very subcommittee (instead of the “parent committee”, it’s the full Senate chamber identified as the parent). This identification of the “parent chamber” appears to be the case for every committee, so identifying the “parent committee” for a “subcommittee” is not possible.
  2. Links are empty. The “sources” field is populated with a list of URLs, but the “links” field is empty.

My query (in case there’s really a flaw with it):

{
  jurisdiction(name: "California") {
    organizations(classification: "committee", first: 100) {
      edges {
        node {
          id
          name
          classification
          parent {
            id
            classification